Monday, November 15, 2004

Tomato Sourdough



Made this sourdough bread last Friday. Since the starter is still new, it wasn’t as sour as I would’ve liked it to be, but the crust on this bread was awesome! Had it for dinner hot out of the oven, and used the leftover for a sandwich on a Saturday picnic. Maybe it was the sun and the grass; maybe it was the $4/slice super expensive ham; or maybe it was just my yummy bread, but it was the definitely the best sandwich I’ve ever had. I wish I could go on picnics everyday. Everything tastes ten times better when eaten outdoors sitting on a blanket.

3 comments:

Hsin said...

If you need somewhere to palm off extra baking, I'm always open to fresh bread! Rachel, if you're reading this, same goes to you too. Only thing is that Lynn's a lot closer.

Now if I could just figure out what I could give you in return - a couple of hours with Sara??

Hsin said...

Oops, the comment above should've gone to your previous post. Ah well - applies to this one all the same!

Lynn said...

Ah, but you don't know how dangerous I am with babies ;o)